Amy’s Fabulous Florentine’s
This amazing recipe has been kindly given to us by Amy, one of our amazing customers and ambassadors! Florentine’s are one of her favourite treats and therefore, Amy has spent a lot of time making and tweaking this recipe until it was perfect!👌
Make sure to follow her Instagram @raising.gilbert 💚🌿
70g Flaked Almonds
50g Coconut Shavings
40g Plain Flour
100g Mixed Fruit (Amy likes to use raisins and dried cranberries)
60g Light Brown Sugar
200g Dark Chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Toast the almonds in the oven until golden
3. Melt the butter on a low heat and then add the sugar, mix to combine thoroughly
4. Mix together the flour, dried fruit, coconut and almonds and add in the butter mixture
5. Grease a muffin tin, spoon around a tablespoon of mixture into each space and lightly press down. Should make 18-20.
6. Bake in the oven for approx 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Leave to cool in the tray before carefully removing.
8. Melt the dark chocolate and spoon teaspoon blobs onto baking parchment. Slightly press each florentine onto a chocolate blob and allow to set.
Why not try it out? Make sure to tag us @cero.onlinezerowaste and use hashtag #teamcerobakes 💚