Banana Bread with Milk Chocolate Chips
The most popular bake during lockdown, with a delicious chocolate twist! 😍
1. Heat the oven to 160°C fan/gas mark 4.
2. Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment, you can also get reusable silicon moulds or if you’re brave enough, grease the sides of the loaf tin well and do without!
3. Cream the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 beaten large eggs with a little of the flour.
4. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder, the two mashed bananas and the chocolate chips.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 50 mins, or until cooked through. After 30 mins, check the loaf using a skewer or clean knife, keeping checking every 5 - 10 mins until the skewer or knife is inserted and removed cleanly.
6. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
7. Mix 50g icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make a runny icing.
8. Drizzle the icing across the top of the cake and decorate with a handful of banana chips.
Why not try it out? Make sure to tag us @cero.theonlinefarmersmarket and use hashtag #teamcerobakes 💚